As your company grows, we know that it’s even more important to stay organized and to increase efficiency. That’s why we’ve spent the last few months working on Offices in AdvicePay. Offices allow you to group your advisors the way you see fit, all while maintaining control and oversight.
Get all the details from Mary Moore, Product Manager, below.
AdvicePay Offices provides the capability for firms to group advisors into manageable segments, while maintaining control and oversight. Through new Offices settings in AdvicePay, firms can enable local branches to customize displays and access based on groupings of advisors. For example, advisor and firm branding can be seamlessly managed by enabling local advisors to upload their logos through Offices to appear on invoices and billing documents if that is a policy for the organization. At the same time, firms who prefer advisors to operate under the company’s branding for billing processes, AdvicePay Offices can limit their ability to upload logos through administrative settings.
Additionally, Offices creates the ability for branches to enable or restrict access based on user roles, including a new management setting for Office Managers. Office Managers can set local, customizable settings for disclosures, invoice details, logos, addresses, invoice details, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who are Offices designed for?
- Enterprises who have multiple advisors working for the same firm
- Enterprises who group their advisors by region
- Enterprises who group their advisors by status (senior advisor, junior advisor, etc).
2. Does this affect Firm Settings?
With Offices, you’ll remain in control of all Firm Settings. With new Office Settings, each Office can add additional control if they choose to do so. Let’s look at firm logos for example:
- If you allow advisors to upload their own logo, that ability will flow through to each Office. The Office Manager would then be able to upload a logo for their entire Office or they could pass that setting on and allow each individual advisor to upload their own logo.
- If you do not allow advisors to upload their own logo, Office Managers will not have the ability to upload a logo or allow advisors to do so. The Enterprise logo will appear instead.
3. What is an Office Manager?
Office Managers can set Office-wide settings, with your permission, for their Office. These could include:
- Invoice Details
Office Managers can also allow advisors the ability to control their own disclosures, logos, etc.
4. How do Offices work for advisors?
Office Managers and Managing Advisors will be able to see all advisors and clients within their Office. Standard Advisors and Read-only Advisors will continue to only see their clients and invoices.
5. Is there anything I need to do to prepare for Offices?
With Offices, the Managing Advisor role will be changing slightly. Managing Advisors will no longer have the ability to change/view Firm Settings. If you currently have any Managing Advisors that are managing Firm Settings, you’ll want to switch them to an Admin role.
6. Will Offices go into effect automatically?
Not exactly! While you’ll see the ability to create Offices and group advisors, there will be no changes for Standard and Read-only Advisors. All Firm Settings will continue to apply to advisors.
Have more questions about this feature?
Check out these HelpDesk articles:
Schedule a meeting with us to learn more about Offices
We’re excited to roll out Offices and know it’ll add an additional layer of organization at your Enterprise. If you are interested in using this feature or want to learn a little more about the functionality, please schedule a meeting with Honor Randall, Enterprise Relationship Manager, so we can work together for a smooth transition.
Posted by Mary Moore
Mary leads the ongoing product development of AdvicePay. Since she holds a degree in Financial Planning from the University of Illinois, grew up on a farm, claims to have an inner Pioneer Woman, and now is a passionate remodeler of her 1910’s craftsman house, Mary is pretty much the perfect person to make everything-AdvicePay better. When she’s not changing the world through billing and payment solutions, Mary can be found at her favorite PureBarre class or sipping drinks in a local spot, dreaming of her one-day vacation to Bora Bora.